Here, we share our stories sent in by our readers/storytellers/guests.
If you would like to submit your stories to How to Tell a Great Story, here are some guidelines.
1. The guest post must be related to storytelling, reading, writing and publishing.
2. Ideally, you haven’t published your story has not anywhere else. However, if you have, and would like it to publish it here, please get permission from the original publisher to republish it here. (I will not write to those publishers for permission.)
3. If your post is being published here for the first time, you cannot publish it elsewhere for three months. Thereafter, you can republish it elsewhere, as long as there’s a sentence beneath the title of your post stating that it was first published on this site together with an appropriate link.
4. You may include two links in the byline, which will be displayed at the bottom of the post.
5. If your post includes an image, please send one that is appropriate and relevant. Again, please send a photo that you have permission to publish.
6. Once your story is published here, please promote it on your own blog and social media accounts.
7. Please stick to a word count of 1,000 words. And please do not use fancy font, colours or formatting.
8. Send the post to me by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the post in the body of the email or as a .doc or docx file attachment.
9. It may take me up to a week to respond to your email. So please be patient. If you don’t hear from me for more than a week, please send a reminder.
10. I’ll make exceptions to some of these guidelines depending on the circumstances.
I am looking forward to publishing your stories. Best wishes.